Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Output to not available error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdars

MIS
Dec 13, 2001
US
I am attempting to send 5 different reports via email to 5 different recipients from a module or Macro. The first report sends just fine, but I get an error message that says "Output to not avaialable". I get this regardless if I run the output to process or the send object process. What gets me is that the output to worked in a module for about a month and then quit. I set up the send object process in a macro and it works when I run it from the macro, but when my code for my "On Click" command on my form is ran, I get the error message again! I know they have done a lot of work on our email servers here and wonder if that is the cause of this, but regardless, the process shouldn't be this fickle anyway. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Just a little help if anyone reads this for assistance. I solved this problem by opening the report in preview mode, sending it using output to, then closing the preview. I then started the process again with the next report and so on until all 5 were sent. not the most effective method, but whatever works is ok with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back