Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OutlookXP Asks For Exchange Password But Won't Allow Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dblack63

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2002
US
I have one user who suddenly got a dialog box asking her user name, password, and domain. There is not enough room to type the FQDN. it refuses to authenticate. I can easily set her up on any other XP Pro computer. But, her computer will not allow access to the exchange server. I have recreated her account, reinstalled Outlook, even changed her computer name in the domain. Anyone else can setup on her computer and run fine. But, her user name will not be accepted without the username/password/domain prompt. Since I cannot put in the FQDN, it says I have not typed in the proper info and refuses to connect with Exchange.

Please help. She is the school's secretary and needs her workstation to have email.

I appreciate your time.

Sounds like a DNS issue to me. Have you tried adding the DNS suffix into the DNS setting so that you don't have to enter the FQDN?

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

I had exactly the same problem & did the same standard fault finding as you. Eventually I found Kb 325930 which solved the issue. I think it'll work for you.

Regards,

Kilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back