Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook's calendar hour glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

hboyd

MIS
Jun 22, 2004
US
The user is running Win2000 and Outlook 2000. Everything works as it should except the calendar. He can right click on it and see the properties. I was able to login as the admin and see his calendar, but from his PC the calendar just hourglasses. He has tried exiting Outlook and restarting as well as rebooting, all without any effect. Any ideas. Oh, and of course, the user is our CEO.

Thanks.

Can you login as him from another pc and access his calendar? You may want to do a detect and repair on outlook on his pc. Also try doing a clean of free busy info. Click start run the type:
outlook /cleanfreebusy

Nick

I set up a profile on my PC for this user and logged into Outlook as the user. When I did this I was NOT able to access his calendar. I'm not aware of a detect and repair process but I will look for it. I ran the cleanfreebusy on my PC and then logged in as him but I still have the Calendar problem. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated... its not good around here when the CEO has problems.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back