Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook2013 files over1mg sent are being resent repeatedly 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

briteyes

Technical User
Nov 6, 2001
NZ
I have windows 7 home premium Service Pack1 installed 64bit OS.
I have installed Office 2013 with outlook 2013.
Problem: If I sent emails with photo up to 1.5MB in them all is OK. If I send an email with photo of 3.3MB or more the file never leaves my outbox, never appears in my sent folder,and is repeatedly sent and appears in the recipients email inbox multipletimes . If I send this same email from Yahoo there is no problem.
I have run scans and pc is clear.
To delete this email I have to go offline, shut down outlook, open it up again then I can delete the file, close outlook again and open outlook again.
This only happens when I try to send a file with attachment over 1.5MB.
I have been to the Ms outlook and downloaded their tutorials and problem solving which seems rather inadequate to say the least.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
I dont mind uninstalling Office 2013 completely if I have to and reinstalling it. I was using office 2003 up until I bought Office2013 with no problems at all..
Thank you

I did do the link where you end up having to delete the email. Thank you Trevil620.
I have bookmark this instruction also for my own reference.
Your other link I will try as it is only in Outlook that the problem occurs NOT in WEBMAIL and only in attachments of more than 1.5MB.

Thanks for reading my request.

I have checked my email settings which BTW is a pop not IMAP sort.
My email settings had POP3 instead of just POP for the incoming mail server so I changed that to POP. restarted in normal mode outlook2013.
Sent a test of the same attachment to myself and one without an attachment to my partner in the next room.
His went successfully mine repeated itself 3 times before I deleted it.
However this time I was able to delete it just by selecting the X at the end of the email in outbox.
So that is one part of the problem solved I guess.
The microsoft link suggested I creat another profile so I will try that next.
Thank you

Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in with some suggestion or solution, but I would think that there has to be a method/process to determine the cause.
1. Either it's a Microsoft problem where they say 'sorry, that's just the way it works..'
2. There is some logfile or headers or something that would show either the reason for the rejection or the reason for resending (i.e. some FTP programs have a setting where they will retry a command x times).
3. Or Outlook 2025 will be released and fix it <sorry, bad joke>

Good luck!

hahaha love the thought of 2025 when I will be exactly 75 years of age and not give a dam.
But we will wait and see.
Cheers

Aha Sorted. I was running AVG ( Virus checker)which has always been good for me

However this time I had been extra cautious and had enabled the " Check outgoing mail"

On unchecking this all my problems have been solved.

A
tipmasterstar.png
to trevil620 as your solution was posted int he first link that he referenced.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back