Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook2003:Have to reboot to restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

venmaz

Technical User
Feb 18, 2005
US
Outlook works fine. But when I close out then go back in, it doesnt restart. Task manager shows it in processes as running but its nowhere to be seen.
Only way to get it back up is reboot, then it starts no problem.
It seemed to appear after sp2 for Office.
I also completely uninstalled MSOffice and reinstalled, same problem.

winXP(all updates), Outlook 2k3, ms exchange 2003, SP2

Mine sits on the right side of the taskbar next to the time. I also have mine set to not show as a panel in the taskbar area as a rumming program.

that could make sense except for that fact that it starts fine the first time and it will show in taskbar and next to clock. Its when I close it then come back to restart that its not there.
A side note, when I close it, I looked at Processes, it shows OUTLOOK.EXE as still running....hhmmm....

Are there any 3rd party Outlook add-ins / ActiveSync / similar application running on the PC - sometimes they can be the cause of this type of behaviour.

Failing that, have you tried a repair (Detect and Repair option from Outlook's help menu)?

HTH

TazUk

[pc] Blue-screening PCs since 1998

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back