Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

(Outlook2003)Blank text appears in body of some emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoeythecat

Technical User
May 2, 2002
US
Hi All,

Sorry for the vague subject. I have an end user who has just been upgraded from office2000(outlook200)to Office2003/outlook2003 (Clients connect to Exchange2003 Server). When connected to outlook2003 (same problem when she was at outlook2000)She has been receiving emails from time to time internally and externally where the email arrives with no body text. There is text because if I login to her email account from other computers I can see the text just fine. I can also connect to her mailbox from OWA and see the text of the email. This started happening a few months ago when the end user was at outlook2000. I even called Microsoft and they thought an upgrade to office2003 would be the solution.

Has anyone run into this issue? I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Zoey

Have you tried creating a new Outlook profile?
In control panel, select mail, show profiles and Add.

You have applied the windows updates to this machine?
Check updates on the workstaion that works with the workstation that dosen't and compare.
It sounds like you've narrowed it down the machine!

Office2003 at latest (SP2).

Windows XP at latest (SP2)

Sorry for being vague again. All workstations in this department have the latest updates (Office2003 SP2) (WindowsXP SP2). There are 2 workstations that are having this issue of of 8. It only happens on these 2. There is one particular external email user when emails get sent, she may send an attachment with text in the body of the email but when you open the email up on 2 workstations no text appears.

Have you checked the mail format in Outlook, Options?
Try html

I have tried everything. Outlook Rich Text, HTML. A few months ago I called Microsoft on this and they had me rename files, run different outlook switches such as cleanview, cleanreminders, etc. At the time they thought the Microsoft Office2003 upgrade would do the trick. I may need to call them again.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back