Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook2000 - Slow or delayed response

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoeythecat

Technical User
May 2, 2002
US
Hi all,

There are several workstations in our environment (mixture of Windows2000 and WindowsNT) and all have outlook2000. Sometimes when opening an email, or replying to an email, or creating a new mail message there will be a delayed response (around 30 seconds to a minute) before the screen comes back and you can do the function. Example would be I just entered a email recipients name and it took 30 seconds before the screen came back and I could proceed. This happnens a few times a day. I have not been able to find any useful Microsoft articles. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Zoey

Did you ever figure this out? I am having a similar problem.

Well, I'm still trying to figure out. Here is what I have tried so far:

(1) Updated to the latest BIOS for my laptop

(2) Updated to WindowsXP SP1

(3) Run Windows Update

(Still experiencing intermittent hangups. It happened to me today).

(What virus program do you have? If you have a virus program that may have email scanning setup you could have problems.)
* I then checked with Network Associates (I have MCAFEE Antivirus Software) to see if they know of any issues with their MCAFEE program that could have an effect on workstation locking and they recommeneded me to do the following:
(1) Change the setting on the "Detection" menu under "System Scan properties" from detecting "All Files" to "Default Files"
(2) Disable Heuristics Scanning
(3) Disable "email scan", "Download Scan", and "Internet Filter modules"

So i'm just waiting to see if doing this today will work. I guess I won't know for about a week because sometimes its a couple of days before I experiences my laptop locking.

I will let you know.

Regards,
Zoey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back