Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook2000/Exchange 2003 Helpdesk possibilities???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtorrey2

MIS
Feb 3, 2004
US
I have outlook 2000 on all of my clients inhouse here at corporate. I wanted to know if there is any way,"besides purchasing an additional app", that I could use Outlook to track my helpdesk and trouble tickets instead of using the "Track It" program that we are currently using?

Thanks for the information...
-JT

Write an app? You could possibly use a public folder and an information store and write some custom forms to interface to it... I don't think it would be a very nice solution though... if you really want to "manage" your helpdesk tickets then you need an application. I personally use Track-IT! myself and find it much better than the old solution we had of just using an exchange folder to track everything.

I understand that Track It is a nice application for Asset tracking, bur we want to drop that and use outlook.
What specifically did you track in outlook public folder.

We're using Liberum Help Desk (it's free). But, when I was searching for something to track Help Desk problems I noticed Microsoft has an Outlook Form. It's called Outlook 97/98 Help Desk Form. If it does not work, since it's kinda old, maybe you could use it as an example to create your own Form.

Downloads>Downloads for Office97/98>Outlook 97/98>Samples & Tutorials>Outlook 97/98 Help Desk Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back