Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakeyes

Programmer
Oct 26, 2000
AE
I have some problems problem with Outlook 2000...

Once i open it, it opens the administrator e-mail account, without asking for a log-on name. In other words, if any user opens Outlook on the server, it will open the Administrator account by default, even if i log off from the menu!!! This happens in a domain controller, but not the exchange server.

There is another question, when i open Outlook 2000 from the client, it does not even logs me to the Administrator mail box, but logs me to Personal Folders!!!, how to i change the settings so that they prompt me for a user name, and account name, passwords, and so on, just like how it does when i write in IE.

Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot. The Smart Ant

Both machines will be cured by going to mail and fax in control panel. You need to set the profiles up.

Well, i tried to play with that in the control panel, but it shows me a box where i can add, import, remove and so on profiles. when i delete them or recreate another profile nothing changes. What i want is:

1) When i open outlook it prompts for a user name and password, just like how hotmail works, just like how it does when the user opens the exchage from http prompt.

2) I do not want the user to be able to use outlook and then to see all messages being sent between e-mail addresses.

Any help? The Smart Ant

Just another question,
I have two domain controllers, the one that hosts exchange does not have the properties that lists the name of the server and the administrator account with the [check name]-do you undestand what i mean? It only has profiles of user.

However, the other domain controller, which does not host exchange, has that properties of exchange with the server and the [check name] option.

Hope there is an answer to the question. Thanx The Smart Ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back