Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameon

Programmer
Feb 23, 2001
GB
Hi, I am trying to get a button in an html email to call a macro that will close and move and email into a specified folder...

Is this possible?

M@)

It's possible, but only if SP2 hasn't been applied to Outlook (assuming you're using Outlook), but it will require that all clients that get the email have the macro installed or have scripting enabled, and have the same or similar email folder structure.

This is for corporate/university/government use on a LAN/WAN, right? Paul Ellis
[hammer] I've been programming since you had to punch holes in cards to code. (Always remember, number your cards!)

Yeah thats right...

I take it I can't record a macro with outlook though...

There might be some third party controls that will do it, but that functionality doesn't exist natively in Outlook2000 (can't speak for XP). You can write a marco in VbScript, though. Just look under Tools/Macro/Macros... Paul Ellis
[hammer] I've been programming since you had to punch holes in cards to code. (Always remember, number your cards!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back