Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martix

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2001
US
OK I know im behind the times here but i need a temporary solution until the funds for a lotus notres server come through, Right now i need to get outlook to manage our contacts. every time i try to run it it only stays open for a few minutes then errors and closes, this was happening on the nt4.0 server and now on the brand new 2000 server. any ideas

when you say OUTLOOK..do you mean Exchange Server? What version of Exchange server? What is the error that you receive? What type of client machine is connecting to the server? Is this a single domain environment? Can you provide more information?

(There is an Exchange forum here...maybe it would be better to post in that forum?) Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out

i know your gonna laugh, single domain, win 2000 SP2. no exchange server simply running outlook and sharing the contacts from a central source, ( ok stop chuckling now)

Machines are a mix of 98, xp, 2000WS. happens on the server however no matter how many people of any type are connected.

Error looks like a memory dump. would consider memory as a possibility but the exact thing was happening on another machine, inm just confused is all

Is there any way to get a password out of MS Outlook in Windows 2k Professional? I created a POP mail account in Outlook for one of my e-mail account, and I can't remember the password. Encore PW does not work for Win 2k. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back