Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook XP offline synch question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

finbib

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2002
US
I'm trying to configure Outlook XP for offline use. When I choose to synchronize, I get this error.

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

What does this error mean, and is there a fix?

TIA,

Bob

I have come accross this same error, can't find the cure. Did you?

I'm running into the same thing. Been searching for 3 weeks.

I found a temporary fix for this. I had even called Microsoft for the $250 call. They ended up refunding my money cause they could not fix it. Anyway, go into Exchange admin, DS Site Config. Look at the Offline Address Book tab. Click Add, and add the "recipients" container. Than remove the "global address list" Then generate the lists. Then remove "recipients" and put back global. Then generate all. Then try Syncing your offline stuff. You should not get the error. I have to do this about once a month.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave,

That definitely sounds like it will work. I'll try it!!

Not the most efficient way, is it? I guess that's Microsoft for you...

Bob

Hi Dave,

I'm having the same kind of problem under Outlook XP.

I tried to follow your instructions, but how do I get into Exchange Admin, DS Site Config ...?
I thought it was part of Exchange System Manager but I cannot locate it there - neither can I find the Recipients container.....Hmmmm...... Is it me that is looking the wrong place?

Could you please be a little more specific - step-by-step.

Hope you will help me out here,

Regards,
Morten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back