Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook XP - New mail notification when Working Offline? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZiff

ISP
Jan 14, 2003
GB
I'm wondering if it's possible to get the 'New mail has arrived' notification, even when working offline.

I have a Send/Receive scheduled to run every few minutes and mails are being brought into my inbox. If I am working on an different application however, I only see these new messages when I go back into Outlook, and sometimes this can be quite a while after the mail has arrived.

Anybody know any tips for this?

Outlook will only notify you when it is running. If you quit the app, then SEND/RECEIVE is NOT working and won't work until you open it up again. If you minimize Outlook, instead of closing it, it should alert you while working within other applications. Personally, I use a program called EPROMPTER, which is free, small and sits in your system tray. You can have it poll and alert you to new mail and then open Outlook to retrieve and view them. Hope this helps.

Many Thanks for the EPROMPTER tip, I have downloaded and configured and this is just what I needed. Nice One, that has really helped me out. Thanks again!!

Well i was just away to post the exact same thing guys.

God i love these forums.

Best on the web.

Will be making a donation once i get my paypal sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back