Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook XP and large pst files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valk

Technical User
Mar 19, 2001
GB
My company is upgrading outlook from 2000 to XP, large pst over 500 mb used to be a big problem on 2000, can anyone tell me if XP will manage them any better???
Thanks.

this is kinda a tangent, but I just came across this yesterday, at least in XP there are settings that let you compress outlook folders....would this help? [yinyang] Tranpkp [pc2]
- Let me know if this helped/worked!
Please remember to give helpful posts the stars they deserve!
This facilitates others navigating through the threads / posts!

The compress option is already avaiable on Outlook 2000, the main problem (and the pain for us being a 1st line support) is that all pst over 500 mb get corrupted easily and we know already that 2 gig is the limit. Recovering and splitting a large pst is extremely time consuming, so I was wondering if Outlook XP can manage them better.

Outlook XP still suffers from the 2Gb problem. However,
Office XP Service Pack 1 provides better protection against Personal Folders .pst and offline folders .ost file growing past the 2GB size limit. Once a PST or OST file reaches 1.82GB, users with SP1 will not be able to add new items. Overall though, all the Office XP applications are more stable and handle file corruption far better, so you should certainly see less problems with corrupt PST files!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back