Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook wont logon to Exchange 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceheide

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
I have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure this one out.
I have a W2K SP4 server machine installed as the only controller of a domain. it also has Ex2K SP3 loaded on it.
it has been working great but all of a sudden I have 2 users that cannot open outlook and attach to the exchange server. When you open outlook XP on the user, before it has a chance to open it gives me a dialog box that asks for a user name and password along with the domain. when you enter all the information it comes back with an error that says "your logon information was incorrect.." I am logging in to the PC with the same username and password, and it is running the script and attaching my network drives just fine. I can reach the server with no problems, but It still gives me the error. Now if I go to another PC and log on to it with the same user name and password, then set up the exchange profile in Outlook, it works fine.
I have gone in to the PC that is having the problem and blown away the profile and recreated the profile and then tried to setup the exchange connection it gives me the same error. I have gone in and made sure all service packs on XP and Outlook XP are up to date.

Please help, I hope I am just too tired and missed something stupid.

In my case this did not solve the issue....

Besides, if the user was logging in the day prior, how would the registry have changd overnight?

Any other tips.... In the past I've found that restarting the exchange server worked, although I'm not a fan of doing that in the middle of the work day.

Charles

were you able to look at the registry and verify that the protocols are there? If they are there then something else is going on with yours. When I first checked the registry, it only had one sub key in the whole thing and when I copied a new key from another XP machine that was working fine. it fired right up.

Is yourr happening the same exact way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back