Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OutLook will not send

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoon123

Technical User
Jan 31, 2005
US

Outlook will not send out Email. I can receive with out any problems. I have to email accounts but can not send on either one. They are on 2 different servers. I started having the problem with outlook 2000 upgraded to 2003 but still have the problems. Turning off the virus software still will not send email

Task 'Mike - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

are you trying to relay thru another isp's server?

most mail servers/isps only allow you to send mail from a valid email account on their server. so hence the error message you are getting.

So, for example, you get to the Internet using BellSouth DSL, and you have BS's outgoing smtp server as the outgoing mail server. It does not matter the domain of your email address. What matters is who you are using to connect to the Internet.

So Im a little slow but you are saying I need to call sbc about there dsl and I can not send out email.

Here is an example: I check and send mail from my home email account through my Outlook program at work. Here is the scenario: On my home account setup, in Outlook, I have my home mail server set as the INCOMING mail server. However, in order to send mail, I have to use my work OUTGOING email server. At home, it is the opposite. I have both of my own servers on my own account, but in order for my work email account to work, I have set the OUTGOING mail server on that account to match my outgoing mail server on my home account. I hope this helps clarify.

Thank's everybody it was an SBC problem. They had clamped down on out going email to stop spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back