Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Web Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KARLH1

MIS
Feb 14, 2002
US
Experiencing problems with Outlook web access so I reinstalled service pack 4 for Exchange 5.5...During the installation of the SP I got several messages stating it couldn't open certain files and that the install wasn't finished completely. I uninstalled Web Access completely with no problem, however during the reinstall I get a Access is denied error message a the very end of the installation. The message pops up when the IIS services are being restarted. Once the message is displayed the install is aborted and web access isn't installed at all.
Any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance! Karl

What version of MS Server are you running? Is OWA being installed on the same server Exchange is located on?

Windows NT 4.0 SP6a
OWA is being installed on the same server as
Exchange 5.5 SP4

Hi Karla1..

i had experience the same problem..

what i did is listed below.. and now its working fine.
insert CD and
1. remove OWA
2. rerun the CD and select the remain 2 option..
that will be OWA and online documentation
3. reinstall both..
4. apply sp4 for ES5.5

in my case it worked fine..
hope in ur case it works too..
do reply back if results are +ive
cheers
saifee

Try Saifees answer, but I know it sounds strange, but I have got round this by copying the I386 folder off the Exchange CD to the HD and then run it just doing the custom install and ticking only the OWA option. If that doesn't work, you can try stopping all the Exchange services and try again and if you have a backup service running like Veritas's Back-up Exec then also stop these services as they take control of some files.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back