Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Web Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulW1977

MIS
Aug 12, 2004
US
OWA seems to be a popular topic. At least it seems to cause a lot of us problems.

We have some users that need to access our Exchange server via Outlook Web Access. Those who have Windows XP workstations seem to have no problem. However those that are using older NT or Win98SE workstations receive an HTTP 500 error after entering their username and password.

I suspect an IIS configuration problem, but....

Why would it work from XP and not NT4?

What version of I.E. are you running on the older workstations?

IE 6 with all service packs and critical updates applied.

If it was an IIS configuration problem then nothing would work but you state that all windows xp clients do work.
You state you are getting a 500 error but what strain of the 500 error
Can you look in your IIS log and see the next 2 digits and this will point us in a better direction

MCSE NT4, 2000, 2003

Hi All
I have customers who use owa and logon using the premium version, they cannot open any mail although it is listed in the inbox folder. double click results in nothing happening.
When logging on using basic version everything work ok.
What needs to happen to get the premium version working?

Thanks

NetworkAndy,
Here is a link that explains the differences between Basic and premium:-

It should work fine if you are using IE 5.1 or higher which I presume you are and the network connection speed is OK.
I would check your IIS logs to see what is going on when the blank screen is given. You should see an error message at the end of the line

MCSE NT4, 2000, 2003

I was able to solve the problem thanks to the iis logs.

The errorcode 2148074242 led me to a technet article on Microsofts website. An enhanced security template was in place and IIS was refusing to allow pre-win2k workstations to logon. This is interesting, since it allowed our old Mac 9.2 and OSX workstations to logon.

Changing two registry entries to disable the enhanced templete solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back