Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook web access

Status
Not open for further replies.

jny04

Technical User
Oct 6, 2004
GB
Hi there guys,

I was wondering if you could advise on a problem I am having.

I have a placed a front end server for outlook webaccess.
cal STAEX2. (box in exchange sm is ticked (this is a front end server)

When you logon to the front end - outlook webaccess logon screen - you would type in your username/password. (the domain is in the default authentication.

However after loggin in and clicking yes to accepting the certificate - it bombs me out and says that it cannot display the page..

Can anyone advise if i need to make a change in IIS or Exchange security on both Exchange servers or just the front end server, or make changes to the virual server in System manager for the Exchange page - im a bit confused to be honest!!???

It just doesnt seem to log-in through the front end server!!!

Please help if you can..cheers J

check IIS enabled https, are you using MS Cert or 3rd party? looks like you have a certificate issue here.

---------------------------------------
Sr. Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

I had the same problem some time ago.
The front-end is responsible for presenting the interface to the user. Account validation is done on the front-end to relieve the back-end from the authentication load.

This sound as benlu suggested like a certificate issue. Your front-end must contain a valid certificate. Sometimes it is installed but for some reason it still doesn't work. Most of the times it has to do something with multiple websites using a shared SSL port.

Download SSLDiag to investigate the problem more closely.

Get it here: or search for SSLdiag in
Good luck!

thanks i will look into that - further info..
when you open up the url, the certificate appears.
which then provides access to the login screen.however after entering in the details - usrname/etc.. it bombs u out...
but i tried entering in the url - and it worked successfully! without the login screen appearing!!?!?!?

strange!!

but i still need the login page to work for users outwith the domain....because its still not fixed....

what are the default IIS/Virual Server settings??!?!

Look closely at the error on the Page cannot be displayed at the end of the page. It might just be a "Forbidden". Switch off "Show friendly HTTP error messages" in your internet browser. That might just give a more useful error.

Only special setting you need is "Directory Browsing" enabled on the Exchange virtual directory which caused mailboxes not to show up.

See if you can get to the mailbox if you connect directly to OWA on the back-end server.

hi i can get directly to the b/e mail server!
still no joy with the front end as such....

Ok, this means the back-end is OK and that there's NO issue in the setup of the IIS virtual server.

Once again, what's the EXACT error message on the webpage where it says "Page cannot be displayed". There IS an error number at the end of the page. This errornumber is crucial!

Also, if you are using forms-based authentication, it must be OFF on the back-end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back