Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Web Access Prompts You for Logon Credentials Multiple Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNosko

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
US
Outlook Web Access Prompts You for Logon Credentials Multiple Times

I have the same symptoms as Microsoft tech article 327349 BUT I'm not using the ISA server as described in that article.
Any ideas?

Snosko

Is this one user or many users? Instead of putting in your alias try putting in your entire email address on the first screen.

This happens to every user not just one. Also putting in my full email address gave a "page cannot be found".

SNOsko

There is an HTTP box that has to be checked in OWA for it to connect to the exchange server. What is the error number (i.e. 403)

This is freakin' weird. Same thing started happening on my server today. Has worked fine for months.

The main difference that I see is after the first prompt the inbox appears and I can cancel the additional prompts and still use the mailbox.

CPtjdc>

You should use "log-off" button otherwise credentials still retains.

Thus if an Exch admin log-in then is able to log-in to any mailbox, just inserting username in the very first logon screen (no password required)

Hope this help.
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back