Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Web Access Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasBrown

Technical User
Jan 15, 2004
ZA
Hello All

I am having a small problem. I have na Exchange Server sitting at Head Office. I then have several other Exchange servers sitting at other sites around the country. These are all local to the site at which they are at, the mail boxes is not stored at Head Ofice at all. I need to make ALL users remote users so that they can access their mail from out of the office. If the mailbox is sitting at Head Office then all is well, but if any of the users are sitting at any of the other sites the remote mail is not working.

How would I be able to set this up so that ALL users can see there mail via the web without having all mailboxes at head office?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
Thomas

You mention OWA, and that is one way to go. Just make sure port 80 (or better 443) is pointing to the Exchange Server to access OWA from the external sites.
Also check that users have right to use webaccess (HTTP protocol).

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Have a look at the shop @ !

Hi,

I have the same problem. My remote users use web access to get at their mail when off-site. I have 2 servers on 2 different sites but with only 1 NAT enabled access point. I have only been able to allow web access to 1 server or the other and not both at the same time. I'm using a sonicwall firewall. We've put rules in to allow http access to both but it will only go to 1 of the servers.

If you have more than one, you need to put them on different ports, and forward that port on the Firewall to the correct server.
the syntax becomes of course :

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Have a look at the shop @ !

Yep,

Thanks Marc.

I finally worked it out from reading other posts on this site. Have tried it just now and it works fine. So simple really, can't understand why I didn't work it out before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back