Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Web Access error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff5144

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2001
US
Hi everyone,

We have Windows 2000 Server(SP2)/Exchange 5.5 (SP4)

Server A: has IIS 5.0/OWA Software
Server B: Exchange 5.5 (SP4)

I have installed the owa software onto Server A and linked it too Server B.

The install goes fine. I have followed through various books, web documentation on how to setup the permissions, configure IIS default web site with the exchange virtual directory. I have also been online looking and trying different articles to get rid of this error message. Bascially if you try to go to The IIS server generates a visual basic error code of this.

set objRenderApp = Application( bstrRenderApp ) on the MS Srcipt Debugger.

Once I close out of that, then my broswer comes back with the following error message:

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01A8)
Object required: 'Application(...)'
/exchange/USA/logon.asp, line 12

I have read up on various web sites and they claim that this is coming from the cdo.dll and cdohtml.dll. I have done the possible fixes and still no luck? I had this similiar problem on my test server at home and I was finally able to get the web access to work. Any help would be great :)

Jeff

Hi there,

Thanks for your tips..I actually installed service pack 4 again and its working fine now..Thanks!

So what did you do to finally get it to work? I am having the same problem.. Exchange 5.5, SP4, when accessing OWA I get the runtime line 12 error.. re-registered the cdo and cdohtml.dll files with no luck.. next?

and I customized our OWA and I get...
On the first screen...
"You now have a new Outlook Web Access session.
--------------------------------------------------------
Any new compose or response items you may have open are no longer valid.
However, you may use these to copy your work into another new item."

and on the second screen...

Your current password is about to expire in 0 days...

what went wrong??

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back