Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Web Access - Cannot access from the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironclaw

Instructor
Mar 5, 2003
US
I am running exchange 2000 on a win2k server that has routing and remote access installed. I have also configured NAT on this box so that my private ip's can get to the internet. I can get to OWA from the private network, but cannot get OWA from the outside.

The MX record is correct on the outside DNS, and I can send and receive email. If I use Outlook 2000 throught the Internet, everything is fine.

Only the web access portion is not working.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Make sure that you use service pack for exchange and also write while connecting.

First time I have not used any service pack and I was also facing similar problem.

Packpack

thanks, already tried both of those and still the same problem

Have you configured NAT to permit outside clients to get to your web server hosting the OWA pages?

Normally you'd only have to map ports 80 and/or 443 through your NAT.

Note that ideally you'd have Exchange on one server, OWA on a second one, and your NAT (or firewall) on a 3rd box.

See:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back