Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Web Acces on sub domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

davetherave100

Technical User
May 14, 2002
GB
We have our exchange server published, and external Outlook web Access works fine.
What we have now is some users who have been set up with a sub domain email address. This works ok for normal mail, internal and external, but when we come to log into OWA, a connection cannot be made. If we change this users email back to the main domain name it lets it in.
The email server is published through ISA server, and i have added destination sets for the sub domain.
Any ideas what im missing?, if it can work in the way im trying!
Thanks

I will tell you what we do here....

I don't know if it's appropriate for your situation...

When we received the login window, you have to type the user domain.

user: yourdomain\username
password: **********

It was not like that in NT environment, since we migrate to AD and we change the domain extention we have to do that...

I hope this can help in your situation

Thanks for the response.
Dont think that is our problem though.
We have to put domain\username accessing owa from the outside world,(on XP) but internally it just authenticate automatically.
Also i just tried a user with an email of user@subdomain.domain and even internally the authentication box pops up, change the email to user@domain and youre straight in!
Im wondering if owa does work from a sub domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back