Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook vs. Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonTech

Technical User
Oct 8, 2002
US
Use win2K pro. Also use Outlook 2000 as my E-Mail client. When I try and send an outgoing E-mail from Internet explorer 6.0 It automatically opens Outlook Express, I get no save of message in my sent items. Does anyone know how to prevent Outlook Express from taking over. I have all default pointers in IE set to Outlook not Express.

I would try downloading the latest WIN2K service pack. This will include a control panel called SET PROGRAM ACCESS AND DEFAULTS. Among other settings, you can choose which is your default email package from there. That might kick in the right one. Hope this helps.

Michael
BASD IS/IT Dept

Check under INTERNET OPTIONS > PROGRAMS... see if Outlook is your email and not outlook dispress

hi there! have you checked the settings of outlook itself? if you use it rather than outlook express, then you should associate eml files with it. there should be a check box somewhere in its preferences dialogue that allows you to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back