Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISENBERG

Instructor
Jul 17, 2001
US
ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO DISPOSE OF A VIRUS WHICH SENDS AN ADDITIONAL EMAIL FROM MY OUTLOOK CIONTAINING INAPPROPRIATE MESAAGES ALONG WITH MY REAL MESSAGE TO ANYONE THROUGH OUTLOOK.
THIS IS CAUSING A LOT OF BAD FEELINGS AMONGST MY EMPLOYEES WHO THINK I AM SPAMMING THEM, BECAUSE MY NAME IS ON THE EMAIL, BUT REALLY I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER IT.
THIS ONLY HAPPENS THROUGH OUTLLOOK NOT THROUGH THE REUGULAR EMAIL
THANKS

If your email is stored on a server, have the administrator install/run some kind of anti-virus software. If this is on your local machine, install/run some kind of anti-virus software. If you do not have anti-virus software, I know that Trend has a free download that will scan your system for you. Go here: Hope this helps.
Jessica

Must be the week for it! We've just received a new virus (W32.Sircom.Worm@mm) which works the same way.

The info page is:

The site also contains a removal tool for the virus which picked up and cleaned several infected machines here.

Apparently it was only discovered on 17th July ... definitely gotta keep those virus definitions up to date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back