Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook - Viewing Address list when selecting names as last, first 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate1749

Programmer
Nov 1, 2002
US
At work when I select who to send an e-mail to I click on the To: box and the names are Sorted by "Last, First"

However, at home (personal e-mail - pop3 account) I cannot figure out how to have it sorted like this. I changed the display to "Last, First"... But when I click To: the names are still "First Last".... I noticed that under "contacts" I can have them sorted by Last, First, but when writing an e-mail and I click TO:, it still sorts then my First Last.

I'm hoping that once I learn how to do this I will also be able to change the name to add more specification when I click TO:, such as
Smith, Mark - Personal
Smith, Mark - Work
Currently if someone has two e-mail address it just lists their names in the list and I can only see the address after I select them and close out the dialog box.

I'm sure both of these are something something easy that I am just not seeing, thanks.

-Nate

Try TOOLS - SERVICES and then select the Outlook Address Book and click on PROPERTIES. There you should be able to select the order to display the name.

Cheers joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

That seems to exactly what I need to change, however, I see that services is located under Tools in Outlook 2000 (what I have at work), but at home I have Outlook 2002 and can't seem to find services, any guesses where it might be now? Thanks!

With 2002 you would right click on Outlook icon, properties then select the e-mail accounts button, select View or change existing directories or address books and then click on the change button and there are your first, last options.

Thanks, just what I wanted!!! FYI - After seeing the screen it brings up I noticed that you can also get there by going to Tools -> E-mail accounts... Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back