Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook today- how to customize it in 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriciaanne

Instructor
Feb 5, 2002
I must be losing it. In Outlook 2002 I had no problem but how do you customize the Outlook Today page in the 2003 version?
Help says to
1. On the Go menu, click Shortcuts.
2. In the Navigation Pane click Outlook Today.
3. On the Outlook Today page, click Customize Outlook Today
When I click Shortcuts, I don't see Outlook Today in the navigation pane or anywhere else.
All help is appreciated.
Patricia

Hi Patricia,

If you're asking how to get to the Outlook Today page, you can navigate to the page from the All Mail Folders portion of the Navigation Pain. It's not called "Outlook Today", but rather "Mailbox - Your Name".

Hope this helps.

- Glen

Know thy data.

Glen- Thanks-you are correct however I still can't figure out how to to customize the look of Outlook Today ie. Change how many appointments appeared, change the layout and sort the task list etc. Any idea how to do that now? Outlook 2002 had a button on the Outlook Today toolbar that said Customize Outlook Today and all you had to do was click it and a dialog box of choices appeared.

Patricia

If you're currently viewing all but the Winter theme page, the Customize button should be in the upper right corner of the page. On the Winter theme, it will be in the lower right corner of the page.

If the button is not there, you may need to run Detect and Repair from the Help menu.

Hope this helps.

- Glen

Know thy data.

thanks so much - the detect and repair did the trick!
Patricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back