Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook to pass checkbox checked states??

Status
Not open for further replies.

onn99

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2000
AU
I'm trying to make a survey email and send it to people on my list using Outlook, There will be my questions and then check boxes for people to select their options.

I would like for them to fill in the boxes and click reply and then for those check states to be emailed back to me so I know what their responses were.

I alread tried using word to create the email with check boxes and send them out but it won't reply back with the check states they always come back with all the boxes unchecked (default state of course) even though the people have checked them.

I also tried using forms in outlook itself to create the email, didn't like that too much, same problem it wouldn't keep the checkstates.

Anyone out there tired doing this before and suceeded? I mean it seemed like an easy thing to do.

You help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

onn99

Won't work in outlook, so don't bother.
It should work in Word BUT they have to save it after checking the boxes and then send it back.
Also check your Word document locally before sending it out, you may have made a mistake in it so it does not keep the checks. Just to make sure.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Figures, thanks for that tip so i dun waste time on such a thing.

Yeah i was going tomake people save the word document, but most people are too dumb to do that or just too lazy, most likely the latter.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back