Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook to Notes data transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGDT

Technical User
Sep 4, 2006
GB
Hi everyone, just moved to a new job where the mail client is Lotus Notes 6.5

Never used Notes before as my previous employer had Outlook 2003 as their mail client.

Is it possible to import my Outlook 2003 .pst and .pab files into notes so I can keep my calender / contacts etc?

Searches have revealed lots of advice on going the other way (ie Notes to Outlook) but none on going from Outlook to Notes.

Please help, dont really want to have to input everything again!!

Can you transform your Outlook files into Excel files ? If you can, then you can save the Excel format in 1-2-3 format which Notes can import easily.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Thanks for the replies.

Transforming the Outlook file into Excel and then importing it is not really practical due to the amount of data involved.

I have also looked at the link provided but this seems to relate to migrating data directly from an Exchange server to Notes.

My situation is this:-

I have an Outlook .pst file which contains 400 contacts and 1000+ calender entries.

This file is currently stored on my home PC and is not linked in any way to an Exchange server, I simply use Outlook 2003 to view it.

All I want to do is import the calender and contacts from this file to Notes so I can view the details at work.

Someone must have had this problem before and found a way round it. Surely it cant be that hard can it?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back