Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook tags all messages as Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbertram

MIS
Oct 15, 2002
US
I have gotten reports from others that all messages that when I or anyone else at my company sends email through Outlook 2000 (not Express), they are tagged as urgent. The messages are not tagged urgent when they are sent.

I have tested it by sending messages to my personal email account and when the messages arrive in Outlook, they are marked as "Normal", but if I view them through Webmail, they are all marked as "Urgent". I have also tested this from my PCs at home, and they all do the same thing.

Has anyone heard of this problem? Is there a fix/patch?

Here is part of one of the message headers that show it as "Normal" priority.

X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook IMO, Build 9.0.2416 (9.0.2910.0)
Importance: Normal

My first suspicion would be a rule on the mail server or some other mail server problem.

I thought the same thing, so I tested using 3 different SMTP servers. Two from different ISP and one internal. The same thing happens with all messages.

I tested the SMTP servers using email in Mozilla and the problem does not exist. It is definately a problem with Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back