Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook stopped sending, still receives

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro356

Technical User
Jan 26, 2002
US
I'm perplexed. Suddenly my Outlook 2003 won't send my email. I receive everything fine. When it attempts to send it just acts like nothing is in the Outbox, but there are currently 11 emails in my outbox.

When you send the email is this from a POP3 mail account ie SMTP or is it via an exchange mailbox account ?

POP3. I use Google Apps For My Domain but have it set up per their instructions. It has worked fine in the past, just suddenly started this issue of not sending.

I think I may know why. I have th same issue with a bunch of users. For some reason...and maybe someone here can answer this one...Outlook (specifically 2003)seems to randomly choose on which account it attempts to send mail out on. For example; If I receive an internet email from someone and then try to forward that to a couple of people internally and to an outside email address, it gets stuck. However, if I manually choose the Account in which I am sending from, it works. For some bizarre reason, Outlook appears to sometimes pick the Exchange account to send Internet email out on and thus it fails. This has to be a MS Bug.

Hope this helps and hopefully someone can answer us both. :)

Pikk

Where i work, we have a set default mailbox limit on the server. If a person's mailbox goes over the mailbox limit, it won't let you send email until remove or delete enough to bring the mailbox down under the limit.

Did your password change recently? If your outgoing server requires authentication and your password changed recently, this could prevent outgoing email.

Good luck,

Under account settings for outlook, it should allow you to test the account settings. That may shed light on your problem.

CCA Citrix 4.0
MCSA: Messaging 2003
MCSE 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back