Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook still referencing old exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulkmail

MIS
Jun 11, 2002
US
Hi,
we just migrated from 5.5 to 2003. On both sites, clients with Outlook 2000 (all sp'd) will get a message saying that outlook is trying to contact the exchange server. However, it is not trying to connect to the new server but instead the old server. old server has been turned off. and outlook will freeze after that.
anyone know why?
Thanks,
BM

I am guessing you did not do an in place upgrade, but instead installed 2003 on a new server?

Mark

What you should if you can is turn the old 5.5 Exchange server back on. When performing a migration if you leave the old server on Outlook clients will automatically be redirected to the new server. If you dont you will have to go around to all of the clients and manually redirect them.

I have the same issue when one of my technicians incorrectly removed the server from the site. I also believe it has something to do with XP because none of my 2000 machines are doing this.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back