Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook slow w/ XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfbrown

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2002
US
I have a brand new laptop (P4,1.8Ghz,256MB) and periodically when I click on different folders or emails in Outlook 2000 the hour glass comes up for maybe a minute. The system does not lock up, because I can switch to a different program. Eventually, the email will open or the folder will open. It doesn't seem like it happens with any other programs. Please help.

Where is your outlook.pst file located - on a network drive or locally?

I had a few local .pst files, however, while troubleshooting I have removed them from my services. It is still slow when manuevering through my inbox on the exchange server on the network. All my other network resources respond very quickly.

There were several slow browsing type network fixes included with SP1, but I don't see any directly related to Outlook/Exchange. And if you can browse other network resources ok, that's probably not it.

I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my exchange account and if that can either be repaired or if it needs to be re-created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back