Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook signature problem -Logo does not appear

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksarma11

Programmer
Jun 26, 2002
US
One of my clients has a logo in his signature in outlook. The logo is a gif file which I set up with his signature. Suddenly the logo stopped appearing on the recepients side. But when he sends the email to me or anyone in my domain the logo appears, it does not appear if he sends it to an internet account like hotmail or yahoo. I am not sure why this is happening.

Please advise,

Thanks
Kavita

First, make sure his sending mail format is HTML. Second, try sending a test message to a regular pop email account. Many of the web based services like hotmail, yahoo, etc. will see the logo as an attachment and not display it correctly and there's nothing you can do about it.

Thanks , you are probably right about yahoo or hotmail. But the problem that I came across was when setting up his email signature I had to do a file attach the gif image as the logo. For this I had to use word as the email editor otherwise there was no option for attaching the gif. I will try looking for other options using HTML mail format.

Thanks for the help,

Kavita

In the signature editing area there is a button for 'Advanced Edit' that will open Word. In work you can insert and edit the .gif like any other picture (including text wrapping, resizing, etc.)

Outlook stores the profile information in the registry at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider\"email name"\Data

Run Regedit
Edit Find
Type in: Protected Storage System Provider (Find Now)
Delete the Key

Go into Outlook remove the account and reput it in.

Outlook DOES have problems.....

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back