Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Signature File

Status
Not open for further replies.

smarch

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2002
US
Is there a way to have a global signature file on the Exchanger server that everyone can setup as their Autosignature file in Outlook?
If so, how do I go about it?
Thanks for any info!

Hi there,

You can't force signatures on the clients, but what you can do is prepend/append a corporate disclaimer (or any other piece of text) to all/inbound/outbound emails at the server level (this would be before/after and additional to any personal signatures).

It's not particularly pretty - basically, you install an IMS extension, and then you write the text into whichever of the four registry keys is appropropriate on the Exchange Server:

Prepend Inbound
Prepend Outbound
Append Inbound
Append Outbound

The procedure is described on a Tek-Tips FAQ (which would have been very handy when I had to figure this out a couple of years back!):

Other articles descrbing the process:

Lastly, if you don't feel confident to go dabbling in the registry (although this procedure is pretty straightforward), you can install a 3rd party app that will handle disclaimers, spam filters etc. For example:

Lastly, just a few words of advice. Exchange 5.5 must have at least SP1 installed, and SP3 is advised before using the IMS extension. Secondly. I'm not certain if this works in Exchange 2000/3. Lastly, before playing with the registry (for any reason), <u>always</u> back it up first! You will get in real trouble if something goes wrong otherwise...

Hope that helps, Jonathan Challis
IT Manager

Thanks so much for the info. I have been looking everywhere for a corporate signature and havent found it. I guess because its not available! This saves me tons time, I won't keep researching it anymore!

I appreciate the additional info and links! I'll pass it along to my customer.

Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back