Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook security tab missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stsol

MIS
May 23, 2003
GB
I'm running windows xp with outlook xp (2002) which connects to an exchange 2000 server. I need to assign permissions so that another user can access my calendar + inbox but when i open the properties of both, the permissions tab is missing! Even if I create a pst file within outlook it still does'nt display the permissions tab.

Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
You can set up the user with delegate access. Highlight inbox, tools,options,delegates.
I think you can only assigns permissions on the inbox from the exchange server and not on the client.

Looking for the best answers:
faq222-2244
Keeping your system clear of malware:
faq608-4650
Dont forget to post back with the eventual resolution.

Many thanks for your quick reply.
On all other pcs on this network if you go bring up the properties of any of the mail box features ie inbox, calendar, contacts etc there is a permissions tab where you can assign other users to be able to access these items from another pc. This is already setup on most pcs so everyone can view everyone personal calendars. In the permission tab you can also assign rights to what other users can do.
I'm just not sure why this pc hasn't got this tab even though it's setup the same as the rest of them.

Regards,

Dave.

Is simple file sharing enabled or disabled on this PC? Check if its the same setting as on a PC with the permissions tab.

Looking for the best answers:
faq222-2244
Keeping your system clear of malware:
faq608-4650
Dont forget to post back with the eventual resolution.

No, pc is member of a domain, so full file and print sharing is enabled. Do You think it could be something to do with an exchange addin for outlook that's not running properley?

Problem solved, ran a detect and repair on outlook and after resetting up the exchange client the permissions tab appeared!

Many thanks for your advise.

Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back