Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Security Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADB1

Programmer
Aug 24, 2001
GB
Is there a way of bypassing the following message generated by MS Outlook 2000, without changing the Exchange/mail server. eg changing the registry settings on the local pc?

---------------------------------------
A program is trying to automatically send an e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose no.
---------------------------------------

We are trying to automatically send a scheduled e-mail message via a vb macro. However we cannot schedule it due to the PC sitting waiting for a reply to the above message window.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Adam

Not that it helps - but I have similar problem. Am automatically sending email from a db and this message is very annoying! I hope someone has an answer!!

Unfortunately, this is a feature of the new Outlook Security Update. There are reg hacks to change this but probably the only safe way is to uninstall the update...to do this, you have to uninstall the application that Outlook was installed from (eg. MS Office Professional 2000). There are a few articles from MS that describe this.

Q262231
Q263297
Q262634

There are a few more. Have fun!

You don't happen to know any of the registry hacks do you?

Cheers,

Adam.

Outlook 2002 uses a security form where you can control this functionailty to automatically approve. I'm not sure if Outlook 2000 has this or not. "Only those who risk going too far
can possibly find out how far one
can go."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back