Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Rules Wizard/Out of office->Mail Redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkestrel

MIS
Sep 25, 2000
GB
I would like to set up Outlook to forward my mail to an SMTP email address outside of my exchange server.

I know there are the following options-
Code:
Out of office Assistant-> Foward Intact
                          Forward as attachment
                          Standard
Rules Wizard-> Redirect

But I couldn't figure out how to forward mail in such a way so that:
1) When I get the mail at the redirected address, the Mail from: would appear as if it is sent from the original sender(OK if the headers says x-redirect, etc. by me), including where the final recipient is using Lotus Notes.
2) I could see the full header (including the original recipients in the To: or CC: field, and not just the redirected address.

use neither and have exchange server do it. recepient->DeliveryOptions->Forward to another email (with option of sending to both). but what you first have to do is create a new custom recep with your SMTP address, set up the forwarding, and then hide the custom one from the GAL so it is transparent to the other users. if you dont use exchange, then forget all that.

I do use Exchange server, but two naive questions-
1) Where could I get to Recipient->Delivery Options (which menu is that on)?

2) Also, how could I create a new custom recipient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back