Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Roaming Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark2K

MIS
Oct 11, 2000
GB
Hi,

I work in a school. Up until a month ago, we were using Viglen Classlink as a front end to Windows 95 computers. We have now moved away from Viglen. To allow the students to access their emails, we use a program called Outlook Roaming Client with Outlook 2000 as the email client. The problem is when we uninstall Classlink, users are unable to access their emails. However, when we reformat and install from the begging users can access their emails without any problems.

Any Ideas
Mark

I don't mean to be a pest, but wouldn't it be easier for you and more cost effective to use Outlook Web Access which is part of Exchange and used through your browser (preferably IE). Then students can access their mail from any computer w/ an internet connection...even from home (if you let them) w/out adding additional software.
-Dreux

I agree! Outlook Web Access is awesome in E2K and can support more consecutive hits. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back