Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook restore PST file not allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyg

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2002
GB
Hi

I have been backing up my Outlook XP emails etc using the back up within Outlook, I have been doing this for sometime, although I have never needed to restore.

Today I decided to load the pst file onto my laptop as an additional backup, but no matter what I do it says "access is denied"

I have tried to import the info using the Import/Export function same problem, I then loaded the file from the CD to the hard drive but still the same problem.

I tried exproting the files to a location on my hard drive and then copying them to a cd and loading to the laptop still "access denied"

I made a copy of the Outlook.PST file and pasted it to the laptop still access denied.

There are no passwords on the account.

I am now very worried as all of my work emails (some 4,000) and contacts are in effect not backed up.

Can anyone please help me.

Many thanks
Nigel

=======

2 heads are better than 1, but 1 is better than a committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back