Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Read Receipt

Status
Not open for further replies.

johannesd

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2002
US
I know how to request a read receipt on a message, but
how do I know if a message sent to me, had a read receipt requested by it's sender (is there a way I can look at the properties of the message to find out?)

Thanks!

Only if you are using Outlook XP. Previous versions you will not know. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

johannesd,

In Outlook 2000 (and previous, I believe) just right-click on the field headers in your Inbox and select "Field Chooser". Scroll down the list of available fields, and you should see one called "Receipt Requested"; drag it across to wherever you want to put it in your Inbox headers.

DuckBill

I stand corrected. Didn't know about that option. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Also, in 2k if you have the assistant running, a box will appear stating the sender is requesting a return receipt. If so, then you can click yes or no. I believe that it is sent back to the sender as unread.

Also, depending upon the version and depending upon your connection type the return receipt will be in the outbox until sent.

Exchange server connection-not a chance of seeing it.
Cable or DSL depends upon the imcrements that outlook checks and sends mail. Dialup you can always see it until you press send and receive. JBead

Hi,

You can also have Outlook prompt you to inform you that the sender has requested a read receipt and give you the option to say yes or no.

Go to Tools>Options>E-Mail Options>Tracking Options and tick the tick box at the bottom.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back