Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook "From Field" help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich42uk

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2001
GB
Hello
I have a client who has an Exchange profile set up using Personal Folders and also has an added mailbox in his profile that he needs to send on behalf of quite a few times a day. His question is, can you start a new message with "ECRMSS" (without the qoutes) if the "from field" without having to type it every time? (ECRMSS is the short mailbox name) I know you can use a macro, but is there any other way?

Thanks
Rich

you can set the send as options and then you select the public folder and choose new email and leave the from field blank.

There are several other options you need to set and if I find out which ones they are, they'll be a couple of people here who will kiss me :)

Thanks. To be honest, the macro I have created works a lot better than I thought it would. I just get them to click a new button on the toolbar (as they would anyway to create the mail) and there it is! Here is the code if anyone wants to do this:

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim myOLApp As New Outlook.Application
Dim myOLItem As Outlook.MailItem
Set myOLItem = myOLApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
With myOLItem
.SentOnBehalfOfName = "IT Helpdesk"
End With
myOLItem.Display
End Sub

You replace "IT Helpdesk" with whatever the mailbox name is.

But what about when they are replying to an email in the other mailbox?

A workaround is to have multiple profiles on the machine and they open each mailbox individually then the from fields are done automatically. Never tried it with public folders though.

He couldn't do a second profile as he isn't the owner of the 2nd mailbox (and i don't want him to be either!) but he can easily reply to his own mailbox as the macro will only work when you click on the customised button on his toolbar I have set up. It works a treat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back