Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook question about attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallon

MIS
Dec 27, 2002
US
Hello all, I hve a question about HTML attachments. I get emails with the attachments and I am able to view them fine, but when I forward them to others, using the same vesion of Outlook (2003), all they see is a framed border with a red X in the corner. Any solution to this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Parallon

"I used to think that the more that you knew, the farther you would go, then I realized that the more that you know, the more they use you."

-Me

Are you just pasting the image into the body of the message. If so

To protect your privacy from junk e-mail senders, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 is configured by default to block image downloads from the Internet. A blocked image appears as a red X placeholder.

Do one of the following:

Show all blocked images in the message

Click the InfoBar (InfoBar: Banner near the top of an open e-mail message, appointment, contact, or task. Tells you if a message has been replied to or forwarded, along with the online status of a contact who is using Instant Messaging, and so on.) at the top of the message, and then click Download Pictures.

Notes

If you want the message to show the images the next time you open the message, save the message.
To change the default so that Outlook doesn't block images in all messages, click Change Automatic Download Settings, and then clear the Don't download pictures or other content automatically in HTML e-mail check box.
Show a single blocked image in the message

Right-click the area with the red X placeholder.
On the shortcut menu, click Download Pictures.
Note If you want the message to show the images the next time you open the message, save the message.

Change the default so that Outlook doesn't block images in all messages

On the Tools menu, click Options.
Click the Security tab.
Under Download Pictures, click Change Automatic Download Settings.
Clear the Don't download pictures or other content automatically in HTML e-mail check box.
Note In Outlook, picture attachments cannot be displayed in line in a message body the way they can in Outlook Express

Hope that helps

OR

On the Tools menu, click Options.
Click the Security tab.
Under Download Pictures, click Change Automatic Download Settings.
Clear the Don't download pictures or other content automatically in HTML e-mail check box.

Well, it is still being a little tricky. If I right click on the X, I don't get the option to download image, just copy, etc. Does it matter whether my message goes out at HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text? Or what about the two check boxes under Tools | Options | Mail Format that say Use Microsoft Word 2003 to edit email messages or Use Microsoft Word 2003 to read rich text messages? Do they matter?

Thanks,

Parallon

"I used to think that the more that you knew, the farther you would go, then I realized that the more that you know, the more they use you."

-Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back