Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpln

Technical User
Feb 23, 2005
GB
Re: MS OUTLOOK Profiles

I work at a Doctors surgery where we do not have roaming profiles because it interfers with the clinical software.

All our users hotdesk. I need to find a way of setting up users' Outlook profiles so that their profile is downloaded at logon, without me having to logon to every machine in the practice as every user, and configure each profile individually.

At my previous job, a script ran at logon which would load a user’s Outlook profile. Can anyone offer advice on what is the best way to ensure user's outlook profles 'follow' them around the building please.

Hi 58Sniper,

I was looking at your previous posts for the same subject and you mention Mapigen. We are using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2003; will Mapigen work in this scenario?

If so, could you explain to me how to use it please. How do I call the script for instance? Sorry, i am a little out of my depth here, so any assistance would be gratefully received.

thanks
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back