Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Profiles Disappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasKelsey

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2002
US
We run a network with Windows 2000 Domain Servers and Windows 2k Pro and XP Pro workstations. Users are standard users (i.e., no admin rights). Both server and workstation are all up to date with service packs and critical updates (all 4,965 of them). Also, the Office software is current and all patched up.

From time to time, we are seeing a growing problem where a user who has been happy and quiet for many month logs into their profile to find that their outlook profile has been lost or corrupted.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Any ideas on how to prevent it? User profiles are local not roaming.

Thanks

Dallas S. Kelsey, III
DKelsey-at-CHGLaw-dot-com
Cox, Hodgman, & Giarmarco, P.C.
Troy MI 48084

Is the email on an exchange server or smtp?

Thnks in advance to all users out there who continually answer all of our questions. Although I try to answer some questions, I usually am asking.

Woah! I can't believe I forgot to put that in my original post. It's an Exhange 2k server, also with the latest service pack. This has, incidentally, been occuring on both the win2k and the xp workstations...

Dallas S. Kelsey, III
Troy MI 48084

What about setting a network share location for the data files that is backed up? It doesn't prevent it but it would make a quick restore.

Thnks in advance to all users out there who continually answer all of our questions. Although I try to answer some questions, I usually am asking.

*shrug*

The manual restore is quick...just create a profile, pop the user name and server name in and voila! It's just an annoyance and quite odd. I can understand one maybe two users out of a hundred deleting their profiles by messing around but this has been more like 20% or so over the course of a few months...

just an annoyance more than anything. If anyone has seen this before or has a theory on what might be happening I'd be interested in hearing about it. Thanks.

Dallas S. Kelsey, III
Troy MI 48084

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back