Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Profiles and Signatures...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zandor435

Technical User
Jan 23, 2003
US
I have two profiles set up on Outlook 2003...Bob and Joe.

Bob and Joe each have their own seperate signatures. Right now, the signature that is sent is whichever signature was set for use last, regardless of profile.

Is there any way where Bob and Joe do not have to go into options each time they want to email someone to change which signature is being used?

this website talks about editing the registry, but i don't really feel confident doing that.

I have also thought of installing outlook express for either Bob or Joe and having them use that. But I am not sure if that will solve the problem.

Thank you for any help.

Zach

Do you mean right clicking the signature in a new message? That only offers the usual options, cut, copy, etc...

Ahh, you need to use Micorosft Word 2003 to do that.

If you have word installed, In Outlook 2003, go to Tools->Options->Mail Format. Then check the box: "Use microsoft office word 2003 to edit e-mail messages."

Now, the Insert->Signature option is not there, but when you right-click the signature in the new message, you get a popup with a choice of alternatives.

I assume for some reason you can't setup 2 mail profiles on the machine?

Is there a way to automatically set the signatures depending on whether they're going to someone internal to the company vs. external? I.e. use Signature 1 for all messages going to company.com, use Signature 2 for all other domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back