Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook over VPN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiffguy

Technical User
Sep 15, 2003
US
Hi:

I have the exchange server connected to a SIMENS 2624 wireless router.

When I connect to this server through VPN, my client gets connected without any problem. However when I start Outllok 2002 from my client, it says "Exchange server unavialble".

Then I have to disconnect the VPN connection, reconnect again the VPN connection and when I start outlook , this time it works without any problem. This happens every time when I start my client pc.

Is there any soultion for this to get outlook working first time itself when I start it ???

I would appreciate.

thanks

Are you connecting through a dial up connection? if you are, outlook sync is not great. try leaving the connection for a minute before opening outlook.

Not much but i hope it helps

Hi:

No, I have a DSL connection.

thanks

Try adding the ip address and name of your exchange server to the host file on your remote computer. It fixed mine.

Hi:

Thanks for yoru info. I have already have the IP & server name on the host file.

also now a days, I am not able to view my website also. I can access the server for my mail, I can ping my server, I can do a TCS but I can;t access my website .

Thanks

Hi, used to get the same message from my Netgear Wireless Kit when connecting to Outlook via VPN, but solution should be the same:

Please try the following:

1) Set the MTU value in the Wireless Router to the same value in your PC. Download the DR TCP utility try searching Google for 'DRTCP021'.
2) Clear the MTU value for the VPN adaptor, or leave blank.
3) Set the MTU for your wireless card to the same MTU value as your PC and Router.
4) Save and exit DR TCP.
5) Restart your PC/Laptop.

You may also wish disable the 'SPI' in the Router settings. This will considerably improve your internet performance.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back