Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook nonfunctional using Mac client

Status
Not open for further replies.

fismxa

MIS
Jan 14, 2004
US
I have a user on Mac OS 10.2 using 6.30 client connecting to our medium-sized XP farm through NFuse; he can access and use Office applications without error. However, when he opens Outlook, his mouse clicks and keyboard inputs are somehow not getting to the terminal server session. We (this also happens when shadowing) can see the mouse cursor move and can watch new email go into his inbox (so the app is not locked), but we cannot select anything or get any menus to pull down. Keyboard shortcuts do not work either. The CMC indicates a normal, active session. Windows and Linux clients work fine. Any Mac gurus out there have any ideas?

After some testing, Outlook works until the user logs out of his Citrix session. No matter how he exits out of Citrix (I can even log him off via the CMC), the file server keeps a session open in his roaming profile and he loses focus for the keyboard and mouse. If I manually close the session on the file server, he can log into Outlook and work until inactivity disconnects his session or he logs off. I have other MAC clients who log onto our farm without this issue. Any MAC gurus out there run into anything like this? If not, can anyone point me to a good place to reference MAC and the ICA client (other than citrix.com)? Any help appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back