Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook: no access to "contacts" from "write new mail window&quot 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

greasytony

Technical User
Feb 26, 2004
GB
when I am composing a new e-mail and I click the "To" tab to choose who to sent it too, the window opens but there are none of my contact anywhere. My actual contact folder is full of people but I cannot add them to an e-mail from the "To" tab when composing a mail.
Is there any way to re-associate these two objects

"Do not attribute to Malice, what can easily be explained away by stupidity" REF 2002

Right click your contacts folder, go to the Outlook Address Book tab, then check the box that says: "Show this folder as an email address book.....

I've tried that I'm afraid, the check box is greyed out so I cannot interact with it! I really am lost for options!

"Do not attribute to Malice, what can easily be explained away by stupidity" REF 2002

Make sure under Tools, Services that you have 'Outlook Address Book' installed.

Now we're getting somewhere!
In address book all my contacts are listed under contacts but my address book is empty.
I think I've fixed it through the address book window, thank you both very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back